Stepping On The Scale Sucks. You’ve Asked Yourself “Why Am I Not Losing Weight?” Over and Over again.
“Why am I not losing weight?”. The question that sends your mind reeling and you are screaming inside. You feel like you’re doing everything right while trying to lose weight. But the weight won’t budge on that dreaded scale day after day, week after week. You’re overwhelmed and upset. It sucks.
- Eating Healthy & Portions Are in Check
- Logging Your Food
- Exercising A Few Times A Week
- Drinking Water (Half Your Weight in oz.)
- Getting sleep (Optimally 8 Hours)
- Avoiding Junk Food (in fact there isn’t even junk food in the house)
You’ve even tried every product, gimmick, and system known to man but you have trouble losing weight.
You’re probably wondering what the heck is the point any more or why even bother?
I was there. I had baby weight to lose (54 lbs worth) and not losing weight. I was stuck for 2 months. I got up each morning and hopped on that scale and hoped like hell even a half of a pound would come off. I tried every trick in the book and in theory, it SHOULD have worked. Only there was one HUGE problem. It wasn’t. Every morning I’d get more and more disappointed and depressed. It felt hopeless.
I felt like there was some untold story or secret, a missing piece to this puzzle and there had to be a solution out there.I started asking questions and searching. I stumbled on what was rarely talked about, yet so critical, to having success.
I started asking:
- Why is it so hard to lose weight?
- What the heck was I doing wrong?
- How am I not seeing results?
- I’m trying so hard, yet NOTHING is happening?
- I’m doing everything I can, so why is it not happening for me?
- What’s the point anymore?
- 64% of them confessed that their body image got worse since they became a mother.
- 61% of new moms said they expected to be back down to their pre-pregnancy weight by their baby’s first birthday.
- Nearly 60% of Moms of 1- to 2-year-olds, were still carrying at least a few extra pounds.
- 22 % of moms of 2- to 3-year-olds reported they had hung on to 10-plus pounds of their pregnancy weight.
READING THIS ONE LINE CHANGED THE GAME
One day, I was reading a book that talked about what you put out into the world you get back. It mentioned the very issue I was having (and it wasn’t even a weight loss book).
When we put out negative feelings towards something (or someone), we get those negative feelings back to us. It was a full circle.
“What you think, you create. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you become.”
I started digging into this idea more and became aware of my actions and thoughts throughout the day.
NOTICING THE BODY SHAMING | THE STARTLING REALIZATION
IN THE MORNING
After I had a shower, I’d look in the mirror and feel disgusted with how I looked. I stared in the mirror and saw a woman I didn’t even recognize anymore with all that extra padding on me. Feeling sad and grossed out, the first thing I would say to myself is “Ugh, I’m so fat”. Followed by “Eww my stomach is SO gross”.
ABOUT MY BODY
I looked at my body and saw:
- My stomach was the epitome of a “mommy tummy”, pooched out and unrecognizable.
- I could have passed for still being at least 4-5 months pregnant.
- My legs looked like tree trunks
- My butt felt and looked so huge.
- Nothing fit me. I felt like I was as wide as I was tall.
- I had 54 extra lbs on me and I’m only 5 feet tall.
- I would pick myself apart in the mirror.
- Some days I couldn’t even look at my reflection. I’d glance myself and wince and go get my baggy clothes, trying to ignore the problem.
OUT IN PUBLIC OR TV
- When I would see fit women on TV, I’d scoff at them.
- When I was out in public I was miserable when I saw women thinner than me. (p.s I hated to be out I was so embarrassed about my weight)
- I was jealous and mad at them for looking so good.
- I’d go home feeling worse about myself and wallow in my own self-pity.
WOAH. LIGHT BULB, AHA MOMENT.
What if there IS something to this theory? I thought. I dug deeper, searching for that secret to help me make that bugger of a scale budge.
THE #1 SECRET I USED TO FINALLY GET THE SCALE TO GO DOWN IN 1 WEEK
THE SECRET – A FAT MELTING WEIGHT LOSS AFFIRMATION.
Affirmations are positive phrases that you repeat to yourself which describes how you want to be. By repeating it, it sinks into your subconscious mind, and while in the beginning they may not feel or be true, over time you really start to believe them and it becomes your new reality.
Over time, you replace that limiting or negative belief you have about yourself or not being able to do something and help you with confidence, believe and a positive mindset.
My first thought was “How could what I say to myself correlate to losing weight”? But, what the heck, I’ll try it. I didn’t have anything to lose…well except for the weight of course. 😉
WHAT TO SAY WORD FOR WORD | The One Line that Changes Everything
Affirmation⇒ “I LOSE WEIGHT QUICKLY AND EASILY”.
I would say it every day while I was in the shower so I could focus on myself (and have a moment of sanity in a chaotic house). Again, “I lose weight quickly and easily.” I’d say it over and over and then do it with different intonations. I’d say it with conviction. Like it was my #1 belief in the world.
Now I’m not gonna lie…the first few times you say it you might feel like “this is bull sh*t”. But with anything, the more you hear something, the more you believe it. Throughout the day I’d say it to myself in my head and out loud. “I lose weight quickly and easily”. Rinse and repeat.
REPLACE THE CRAPPY COMMENTS YOU SAY TO YOURSELF
When I looked in the mirror, I’d pick something about my body that I DID LIKE (at first it was a struggle). I would focus in on that (it can be any body part)…even if the only thing you can find is that you love your hair. Love on that body part/feature like it was love at first sight.
FOR EXAMPLE: Maybe it’s as simple as your neckline and you really like it. When you wear necklaces it’s pretty. Take a full minute and admire it. Seriously…one full whole minute.
I stopped focusing on the parts I hated anymore. When a thought crept in, I’d replace it with thoughts of having a flat stomach, tighter butt or toned legs. I’d think about making it the best feeling in the world when I did achieve it. I’d picture my version of my perfect body.
FOR EXAMPLE: If a negative thought came in about my legs, I’d notice it and quickly picture my legs being in the best shape of my life. If you get really motivated, you can do a vision board to help you (either electronic or a physical board).
LOVE ON THE SKINNY AND FIT GIRLS
Then, when I would go out in public and see women who looked amazing, I would say in my head. “You go, girl, you look incredible…LOVE your body. Good on you!! Great job!” I would bring up feelings of happiness and be genuinely happy for that person. Get so excited for them that you could be their own personal cheerleader you’re that good at it.
I kid you not, the scale dropped that week. “Well I’ll be damned, it worked!”.
I shared this secret with a few friends who were struggling and I called them up a week later and BOOM. Yup. It was working for them too!
- They were happy and thrilled those numbers on the scale weren’t the same as they were the week before. The numbers were moving.
- They weren’t complaining or asking “Why am I not losing weight?”.
- It overcame their constant struggle.
- It boosted how they felt about themselves.
- It gave them more confidence.
- They started to believe in themselves.
STOP ABUSING YOURSELF | No More Body Shaming
The most important thing is to take care of yourself. Stop abusing yourself with the crappy things you say. If a man or anyone else called us fat and ugly we’d say it was abuse! If it’s not ok for them…it shouldn’t be ok for us to do it to ourselves either. Being a mom, (whether a working mom, a stay at home mom or a combo of both) we often lose ourselves in our kids and our family and forget about taking care of the most important person. Take care of yourself…even if it’s a half hour a day. It’s not selfish, it’s self-care. Stop the body shaming, recognize something positive in you each day, find gratitude in what you are accomplishing no matter how big or small and things will get better.
- Be open to the process. Ask yourself, what if THIS is what you need to finally feel better and see results?
- Start today.
- Take notice what you say to yourself throughout the day and write it down.
- Write and say this affirmation for a minimum of 1 week.
- Finally, record your results.
Please Comment Below and tell me what is your biggest struggle right now when it comes to weight loss?. If you think this would help someone else with their struggles, please hit the share button and share it on Facebook.